With the popularity of social media in today’s world, customers expect businesses to be active on social media. Most businesses have a Facebook page but are not using this feature to its full potential. With these tips and tricks, you can make the most out of your Facebook page to help customers and your business.
1. Identify and establish your audience. What does your audience need? Who are they? Why are they here? If you can answer these questions, then you will be able to tailor the content on your Facebook page to fit what your audience is searching for.
2. Build your brand through colors and your images. The overall mood of your Facebook page should be consistent with your brand from the moment that someone clicks on the page. You should have a captivating and appropriate profile picture and cover photo that accurately represents your company. This will be one of the first impressions a visitor sees after clicking on the page, so it is important that you immediately make a positive first impression.
3. Showcase your accomplishments. A common mistake businesses make is forgetting to share accomplishments with their customers. Showcase your businesses accomplishments such as a product release, business event or award on social media by clicking the Timeline section of your page. Then, click the offer, event+ option in page update section at the top of the page. Finally, click add milestone. This keeps your followers updated on your accomplishments.
4. Earn the very responsive to messages badge. By earning this badge, it will display below your page’s cover photo and show customers that you care about their thoughts and concerns. Additionally, it helps reiterate the credibility of your organization through the official title. To earn this badge, you must have a 90 percent response rate to messages and a response time of 10 minutes over a one-week period.
5. Call customers to action. An additional button can be added at the bottom of your cover photo where it says “like” and “message”. You can choose from seven buttons including Contact Us, Book Now, Use App, Watch Video, Sign Up, Play Game and Shop Now. This helps provide quick and easy access to what your customer needs.
6. Post with a purpose. Timing is critical for visibility of your posts. The best times to post to Facebook are Wednesdays 3:00-4:00 p.m., 1:00-4:00pm on Thursdays and Fridays. Additionally, people tend to be happiest on Fridays so try to post content that matches the mood of your audience.
7. Post lots of photos and live videos. Words can quickly be lost in translation and photos and infographics make it easier to stand out. Live videos also capture curiosity and it gives your followers a notification that you are live. This is another reason your brand can appear in your customers’ minds.
By: Elizabeth Coakley, Public Relations and Marketing Intern