Successful real estate agents know just how powerful social media can be and have used it to their advantage when selling homes. Today, posting real estate listing videos on Facebook is one of the best ways to market properties, for little monetary cost. But just why is video marketing so important? Here are four of the many reasons posting listing videos on Facebook are a good idea:
1. Facebook has doubled its number of videos viewed daily, increasing from four billion views to eight billion views in just an eight-month period. Videos have also been found to have a 135 percent greater organic reach than photos.
2. If people like your video, it’s easy to share with friends and reach audiences you may not currently be connecting with. Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined, according to Responsive Inbound Marketing’s website.
3. According to Facebook Media, “more than 50 percent of people who come back to Facebook every day in the US watch at least one video daily and 76 percent of people in the US who use Facebook say they tend to discover the videos they watch on Facebook.”
4. Facebook’s algorithm is partial to video, meaning video stands out in the News Feed. Videos also attract more attention than texts or images because they auto-play on mobile devices, providing more engaging and captivating content.
5. A majority of marketing professionals agree that video marketing is key. In fact, according to Business2Community’s website, “51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.”
6. Due to hectic schedules, people are placing high value on any time they can manage to spare. Because of this, people’s attention spans are decreasing. In fact, a recent study found that people only read 18% of the articles they choose. Videos are different. By placing an eye-capturing video on a potential customer’s newsfeed rather than a simple listing, you immediately increase the odds of gaining their attention.
7. Simply put, the real estate industry is visual and posting text describing the home or basic photos isn’t going to cut it. Potential home buyers want to really see what the home has to offer. Posting a quick video of the house allows customers to feel as if they truly experienced a tour of the home without leaving their seat. If done well, the video is likely to lead the potential buyers into seeking an in-person house tour.
By: Megan Finkbeiner, Marketing and PR Intern